Hubert Estate Wine Tour in Yarra Valley
Hubert Estate Wine Tour in Yarra Valley
Private helicopter tour to Hubert Estate for an exclusive gourmet lunch and wine tour experience in the Yarra Valley.
Your 4 hour Experience includes:
🚁 25 minute Private Flight (each way)
🍽️ 2 hours ground time for Lunch
🍷 Wine Tasting + 🍽️ Gourmet Lunch (optional)
👩🏻💼 We can fly groups of 2 - 14 People
📍 Flights depart Essendon (25 mins from CBD)
🥇 Melbourne's #1 Rated Helicopter Company
Yarra Valley Helicopter Tour to Hubert Estate
Fly by helicopter to Yarra Valley for an exclusive wine tour and winery lunch at Hubert Estate
A one-of-a-kind helicopter tour to Hubert Estate in the Yarra Valley with the option to choose a special tasting at the cellar door, gourmet winery lunch and tour of the art gallery.
We invite you to Yarra Valley's most exclusive helicopter, wine and food experience. Enjoy beautiful views on your scenic helicopter flight to the Yarra Valley wine region, taste the finest cold-climate wines at St Hubert's Cellar Door, experience the culinary excellence of Quarters Restaurant and embark on a cultural journey at the Gallery of Art, all in one day.
This exclusive tour to the Yarra Valley is an experience you will never forget and just one of many unique helicopter winery experiences in the Yarra Valley by Rotor One, the #1 rated helicopter tour company in Melbourne.
History - St Hubert's wine-making legacy transformed into Yarra Valley's newest cellar door and winery restaurant
Founded by Charles Hubert de Castella in 1862, Hubert Estate is one the oldest wineries in the Yarra Valley. St Hubert was a champion of the Yarra Valley wine renaissance in the 1960’s and helped position the wine region as one of the most popular wine destinations in the world. This legendary Yarra Valley institution has a 100 year history of producing amazing cool climate wines. These wine blends include Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Roussanne under the famous St Hubert's The Stag brand.
Hubert Estate went through a recent design-led renovation by the father-son duo Gerry & Andy Ryan. They've added a beautiful modern touch to the 100 year old winery heritage at St Hubert’s Estate. The winery has a brand new fine-dining restaurant Quarters, a state-of-the-art cellar door featuring St Hubert's The Stag wine blends and an art gallery housing Gerry Ryan's treasured collection of aboriginal art.
“Established in 1862 as one of the first wineries in Victoria’s Yarra Valley, St Hubert's has a long history of producing outstanding Cabernet Sauvignon. Today it continues to be lauded for its portfolio of cool climate wines which also include Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Roussanne”
- Greg Jarratt (Winemaker at Hubert Estate)
Overview - The ultimate helicopter winery tour in the Yarra Valley wine region
Experience a 25 minute scenic helicopter flight from Melbourne to the Hubert Estate winery. The scenic helicopter flight from Melbourne is a serene experience. You'll float past the Dandenong Ranges and over the lush green landscape of the Yarra Valley. These vineyards have been producing some of the best wine in the world for over a 100 years.
1st Stop: Wine Tasting at St Hubert's Cellar Door
Upon landing at the private helipad nestled amongst the vines at Hubert Estate, take a short stroll to Hubert Estate's state-of-the-art cellar door which emerges from a hillside on the property, and is quite possibly the most recognisable piece of architecture in the Yarra Valley.
Enjoy a luxurious wine tasting experience of up to 8 wines by the glass across the range including The Stag Victoria Pinot Noir, the St Hubert’s Chardonnay and the St Hubert’s Blanc de Noir. As our special guest you'll also be treated to a light cheese platter to accompany your wine tour.
2nd Stop: Winery Lunch at Quarters Restaurant
When your wine tasting has come to a close, your reserved table at Quarters restaurant will become available for you to enjoy your delicious, gourmet winery lunch. Your winery lunch experience will include dishes from an Australian-European tasting menu designed by Head Chef, Michael Smith.
Think hearty vegetable dishes with local meat and fresh seafood produce, wood-fired pizzas made from an Italian Marana pizza oven and fresh pasta that is hand-made on site. This is a winery lunch menu that the founder, Charles Hubert de Castella, would definitely approve of.
3rd Stop: Visit Hubert Estate's indigenous Art Gallery
Following your gourmet lunch, take a short-walk and explore Hubert Estate's very own art gallery. Learn the stories behind the artwork from over 20 indigenous artists around Australia including Polly Ngale and Yannima Tommy Watson.
Your day ends with return helicopter charter flights where you'll soak in dreamy afternoon views of the best wine region in Victoria as you're whisked back to Melbourne in your private helicopter.
What's Included - Yarra Valley Helicopter Tour to Hubert Estate
A scenic helicopter flight from Essendon Airport to Hubert Estate in the Yarra Valley.
- When you choose our Wine Tasting & Lunch option you'll receive:
- A full wine tasting session at the St Hubert's The Stag Cellar Door including a full selection of 8 wines complemented with a cheese platter.
- Gourmet lunch at Quarter’s Restaurant with multiple dishes from their modern Australian menu, with enough food fit for a king and queen.
🎁 Looking to purchase a helicopter flight to the Yarra Valley as a Gift?
A wine tour and winery lunch at Hubert Estate by helicopter is an exclusive and exciting gift that's perfect for an upcoming anniversary or birthday celebration. Gift Vouchers can be purchased for up to 3 people and are sent online
🍇 Looking for a different helicopter wine tour in the Yarra Valley?
Choose from some of the best restaurants in the Yarra Valley with our exclusive selection of Yarra Valley helicopter flights including:
- Levantine Hill in Coldstream for a premium wine tour
- Zonzo Estate in Yarra Glen for an Italian-inspired winery lunch
- Rochford in Coldstream for lunch art Isabell's restaurant
- Meletos Restaurant in Coldstream for a winery lunch
- Four Pillars Distillery in Healesville for an authentic gin-tasting session
- Our legendary Beers, Burgers & Gin experience for the best Helicopter Pub Crawl in Melbourne or,
- a special birthday & anniversary winery experience for couples.
How much does a Hubert Estate Wine Tour in Yarra Valley cost?
|Price per person||Fly Return with Wine Tasting & Lunch Menu||Fly Return (excludes Lunch)||Fly One-Way (excludes Lunch)|
Regular price $705.00
Sale price $705.00Unit price per
Regular price $669.50
Sale price $669.50Unit price per
Regular price $598.50
Sale price $598.50Unit price per
|3 - 5 People||
Regular price $522.60
Sale price $522.60Unit price per
Regular price $466.00
Sale price $466.00Unit price per
Regular price $451.80
Sale price $451.80Unit price per
|6 - 10 People (Two Helicopters)||
Regular price $509.10
Sale price $509.10Unit price per
Regular price $466.70
Sale price $466.70Unit price per
Regular price $452.50
Sale price $452.50Unit price per
|11 - 15 People (Three Helicopters)||
Regular price $523.53
Sale price $523.53Unit price per
Regular price $466.86
Sale price $466.86Unit price per
Regular price $452.73
Sale price $452.73Unit price per
❗ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT
❗ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT
Where are you located?
Rotor One is located at Essendon Airport which is 20 minutes from Melbourne CBD. Our address is Hangar 7 Wirraway Rd, Essendon Fields and we have off-street parking next to our building.
When should I arrive?
Please arrive 10 minutes before your booking begins for a relaxed experience.
Do you depart from other locations, like the City Helipad?
We depart from Essendon Airport as you have an amazing view of the Melbourne City skyline from the moment you step onto the tarmac. We do not offer flights from the City Helipad on the Yarra River.
What is the minimum age requirement for children?
Children aged 2 years and older can fly. Our pilots will give them special attention to ensure they have an amazing time. All children will have their own window seat and pay the same seat price (we don't offer discounts for children as we make sure they have even more fun than the adults 😁)
I'm just one person. Can I fly by myself?
All our scenic and winery flights are private and require a minimum of two people, except for our Learn To Fly A Helicopter experience. You can book two seats on a scenic or winery flight if you'd like the helicopter to yourself.
Can bad weather prevent us from flying?
Yes, adverse weather conditions such as low cloud, fog, heavy rain or high winds may require your flight to be delayed or rescheduled. If this is the case, your pilot will contact you at least 2 hours prior to your booking time to reschedule your flight to another day/time. We unfortunately cannot provide refunds on flights eligible to be rescheduled.
Google says there's will be bad weather on the day. Should I reschedule?
There's no need to contact us to reschedule based on a weather forecast as they're often inaccurate, especially in Melbourne! We use live weather data on the day of your flight to determine if flights can be conducted safely. We'll contact you at least 2 hours prior to your flight if bad weather could delay your flight.
Why do I need to provide my weight?
We use this to calculate the weight and balance of the helicopter prior to flight. If any guests are over 130kg or a group of 2 or 3 weighs more than 240kg, please contact us prior to booking.
Can I use my camera or phone during flight?
Yes, we encourage you to take as many photos and videos on the ground, and in the air, as possible.
What should I wear?
Please bring a pair of sunglasses and you're welcome to wear clothing appropriate to the weather. We do recommend a wind-breaker jacket for any sunrise / doors-off flights and also when flying on our 12 Apostles tour as both experiences can be windy.
Can I bring any luggage?
Handbags, small backpacks or duffel bags weighing less than 10kg and less than 60cm in length can be carried. Its essential all baggage is soft and compact as it must fit in a small baggage compartment under your seat. We're not able to carry any rigid suitcases or airplane carry-on size rolling luggage.
Can I fly if I'm pregnant?
Yes, however we recommend flying prior to your third trimester.
Can I fly if I'm in a wheelchair?
Yes, our hangar is wheelchair-accessible and we warmly welcome passengers with special needs. Our team will gladly assist in lifting any passengers into the aircraft for their flight. We can also arrange to transport foldable wheelchairs when flying 4 or more passengers, as we use larger helicopters with cargo holds for these flights. If you'd like to arrange wheelchair rental for your flight, please contact Fisher Lane Mobility to confirm availability and request their delivery and pickup service to our hangar.
☔ BAD WEATHER & BOOKING CHANGE POLICY
☔ BAD WEATHER & BOOKING CHANGE POLICY
What happens if there's bad weather on the day of my flight?
- We really, really want you to enjoy your helicopter experience, so we only fly when the weather allows a safe and comfortable flight.
- Occasionally, bad weather on the day of your flight may require your flight to be delayed or rescheduled (i.e. low cloud, fog, heavy rain or high winds).
- We’ll contact you on the day if we need to reschedule your flight, and work with you to find a new date or time.
- We unfortunately cannot provide refunds on flights eligible to be rescheduled. However, your booking can be transferred to another person, or converted to a Gift Voucher to be used towards any flight with Rotor One.
Can I reschedule or cancel my booking?
- You can reschedule or cancel your flight up to 72 hours before your departure time.
- Please note there is a 10% cancellation fee for any booking cancelled at your request.
- We unfortunately cannot reschedule or cancel flights with less than 72 hours notice as we make commitments to ensure your Pilot and Helicopter are reserved exclusively for you on the day.
✅ FLIGHT SAFETY
✅ FLIGHT SAFETY
Pre-Flight Safety Briefings
- Each of our guests receive a pre-flight safety briefing from your Pilot on the planned flight path, what to expect during the flight and how to operate emergency exits.
Qualified & Experienced Flight Crews
- All our crew are qualified Commercially Licensed Pilots and Flights Instructors with detailed knowledge of Melbourne airspace and several hundred to several thousand hours of flight experience each.
Detailed Monitoring of Weather Data
- All flights are subject to favourable weather conditions on the day and your Pilot may delay or cancel your flight if they believe the weather may impact the safety margins or comfort of your flight.
Use of Position Broadcasting Technology (ADS-B)
- Our helicopters are equipped with the newest position broadcasting technology (ADS-B) which tracks our position in real-time and gives automated warnings of other aircraft flying nearby.
Routine Mandatory Maintenance Inspections
- Our helicopters are inspected every day prior to the first flight and receive a detailed inspection every 50 hours by licensed aircraft engineers (LAME) with critical components being replaced every 100 and 400 hours of flight time.
Flight Planning & Monitoring with Air & Rescue Services
- All flights to destinations outside Melbourne have detailed flight plans that are submitted to Airservices Australia and include deadlines for time that search action may be required (SARTIME) as a strict precautionary measure.
Looking for more helicopter flights in Melbourne?
My sister and I decided to book a beautiful wine tour to Hubert estate for her birthday. Our pilot was ed, we had the most amazing, Funnest and adventurous day. Ed was wonderful and very friendly . The flight was very smooth also! I couldn’t recommend this enough! Thank you Ed.
We had the pleasure of flying with Ed out to Hubert Estate winery for a wine tasting and lunch this weekend.
From the moment we met Ed, he was very accomodating and gave us a tour of the Hanger, as well as took photos of us in front of the helicopter.
We had the best time flying out to the winery and loved every second. On the way back, we were easily persuaded to take a longer route home, flying over St Kilda bay, Melbourne city and doing a lap of the MCG.
We had the best day and could not recommend rotor one enough, and will definitely be back again!
Thank you Ed for an unforgettable experience.
This was the best experience ever. Ed was an amazing pilot and provided a service of a life time. Very generous with his time and highly recommend!!!
Highly recommend. Ed was great and the ride to Hubert Estate was spectacular. The wine tasting and lunch were excellent. On the way back Ed took us over the city and out over the harbor where we got a birds eye view of our cruise ship. A tour not to be missed.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.