Jack Rabbit Restaurant
Jack Rabbit Restaurant
The perfect Bellarine Winery escape - A helicopter wine tour and fine-dining lunch at Jack Rabbit Restaurant.
Your 4 hour Experience includes:
🚁 35 minute Private Flight (each way)
🍽️ 2 hour Lunch with 3-Course Menu (optional)
🍷 Glass of Jack Rabbit Wine (optional)
👩🏻💼 We can fly groups of 2 - 14 People
📍 Flights depart Essendon (25 mins from CBD)
🥇 Melbourne's #1 Rated Helicopter Company
Helicopter Wine Tour to Jack Rabbit Winery - A Fine-Dining Lunch Experience on the Bellarine Peninsula
Overview - Winery Lunch at Jack Rabbit on the Bellarine
Sitting atop the Bellarine Peninsula with panoramic views of Melbourne and Geelong, Jack Rabbit has received multiple food, winery and tourism awards recognising their fine-dining and lunch menu at the House of Jack Rabbit Restaurant and the cool-climate wines picked directly from their vineyard making Jack Rabbit the perfect location to escape for a helicopter wine tour on the Bellarine Peninsula.
Jack Rabbit Winery is just a 35 minute scenic flight by helicopter from Melbourne where you’ll enjoy spectacular views of Melbourne CBD, Avalon International Airport, the You Yangs mountain range and the City of Geelong before arriving for a private landing at the dedicated helipad nestled amongst the vineyard at Jack Rabbit.
Take a short stroll through the vineyard before arriving at Jack Rabbit Restaurant for a three course, a la carte lunch that also affords stunning water views over Corio Bay and allows you to take in views of Geelong, the You Yangs and even the Melbourne City skyline on a clear day — This really is one of the best views you’ll get on a winery lunch in Victoria.
Your Winery Lunch Experience at Jack Rabbit Restaurant
The Jack Rabbit Restaurant run by Executive Chef, Dwayne Bourke, has created a “gastronomic showpiece” on the Bellarine Peninsula which matches award-winning Jack Rabbit wines to a fine-dining lunch menu including smoked kangaroo loin, confit duck leg, sweetcorn fondant and warm pear and ginger quinoa cake just to name a few of their stunning lunch dishes.
Sample Seasonal Menu
- Course One: Duck leg & celeriac "cannelloni", sherry glaze, king brown mushroom, orange blossom cream, mustard greens, parmesan crisp (GF)
- Course Two: Bellarine Beef eye fillet, swede, roast marrow butter, balsamic pearls, kale crisps, red wine jus (GF)
- Course Three: Dark chocolate mousse cake, basil, strawberry salsa, elderflower 'meringue', strawberry & cardamom sorbet (VC, GF, DF)
Please note the menu is seasonal and subject to change. It’s also worth noting that Jack Rabbit has introduced a vegan menu to cater for guests looking for a vegan or gluten-free lunch menu.
Jack Rabbit Wines
Jack Rabbit is well known in Victoria for producing sophisticated cool-climate wines and to this point, Jack Rabbit Vineyard’s own winemaker, Nyall Condons, has been recognised as a rising star in the wine industry, receiving multiple awards for Jack Rabbit’s Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Rosé & Cabernet Shiraz wine varieties, all of which are available to be paired with your la carte lunch at Jack Rabbit Restaurant.
Itinerary - Melbourne to Jack Rabbit Winery by Helicopter
- Depart by Helicopter from Essendon Airport in Melbourne
- Fly past Melbourne CBD, Avalon Airport, the You Yangs & Geelong
- Private landing at Jack Rabbit Winery on the Bellarine Peninsula
- 2 hours ground time to enjoy lunch and stroll around the vineyard
- When you choose our 3-Course Lunch & Matching Wines option, enjoy a 3-Course fine-dining lunch menu with matching Jack Rabbit wines
- Return by Helicopter to Essendon Airport
🎁 Looking to purchase a helicopter flight to the Bellarine Peninsula as a Gift?
A winery lunch at Jack Rabbit by helicopter is an exclusive and exciting gift perfect for an upcoming anniversary or birthday celebration. Gift Vouchers can be purchased for up to 2 people and are sent online instantly.
Purchase a Gift Voucher for a Winery Lunch at Jack Rabbit.
🍇 Looking for a different helicopter wine tour on the Bellarine Peninsula?
Choose from the best vineyards in the region with our unique selection of Bellarine Peninsula helicopter flights including:
- Terindah Estate for a three course meal and wine tasting at "The Shed"
- Clyde Park Estate for a French-inspired menu with wood-fried pizzas
- Couples Only: Birthday and anniversary winery experience in the Yarra Valley
How much does a Jack Rabbit Restaurant cost?
|Price per person||Fly Return with 3-Course Lunch & Glass of Wine||Fly Return (excludes Lunch)||Fly One-Way (excludes Lunch)|
Regular price $878.00
Sale price $878.00Unit price per
Regular price $807.50
Sale price $807.50Unit price per
Regular price $772.00
Sale price $772.00Unit price per
|3 - 5 People||
Regular price $593.40
Sale price $593.40Unit price per
Regular price $508.40
Sale price $508.40Unit price per
Regular price $494.40
Sale price $494.40Unit price per
|6 - 10 People (Two Helicopters)||
Regular price $594.10
Sale price $594.10Unit price per
Regular price $509.10
Sale price $509.10Unit price per
Regular price $495.00
Sale price $495.00Unit price per
|11 - 15 People (Three Helicopters)||
Regular price $594.33
Sale price $594.33Unit price per
Regular price $509.33
Sale price $509.33Unit price per
Regular price $495.20
Sale price $495.20Unit price per
❗ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT
❗ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT
Where are you located?
Rotor One is located at Essendon Airport which is 20 minutes from Melbourne CBD. Our address is Hangar 7 Wirraway Rd, Essendon Fields and we have off-street parking next to our building.
When should I arrive?
Please arrive 10 minutes before your booking begins for a relaxed experience.
Do you depart from other locations, like the City Helipad?
We depart from Essendon Airport as you have an amazing view of the Melbourne City skyline from the moment you step onto the tarmac. We do not offer flights from the City Helipad on the Yarra River.
What is the minimum age requirement for children?
Children aged 2 years and older can fly. Our pilots will give them special attention to ensure they have an amazing time. All children will have their own window seat and pay the same seat price (we don't offer discounts for children as we make sure they have even more fun than the adults 😁)
I'm just one person. Can I fly by myself?
All our scenic and winery flights are private and require a minimum of two people, except for our Learn To Fly A Helicopter experience. You can book two seats on a scenic or winery flight if you'd like the helicopter to yourself.
Can bad weather prevent us from flying?
Yes, adverse weather conditions such as low cloud, fog, heavy rain or high winds may require your flight to be delayed or rescheduled. If this is the case, your pilot will contact you at least 2 hours prior to your booking time to reschedule your flight to another day/time. We unfortunately cannot provide refunds on flights eligible to be rescheduled.
Google says there's will be bad weather on the day. Should I reschedule?
There's no need to contact us to reschedule based on a weather forecast as they're often inaccurate, especially in Melbourne! We use live weather data on the day of your flight to determine if flights can be conducted safely. We'll contact you at least 2 hours prior to your flight if bad weather could delay your flight.
Why do I need to provide my weight?
We use this to calculate the weight and balance of the helicopter prior to flight. If any guests are over 130kg or a group of 2 or 3 weighs more than 240kg, please contact us prior to booking.
Can I use my camera or phone during flight?
Yes, we encourage you to take as many photos and videos on the ground, and in the air, as possible.
What should I wear?
Please bring a pair of sunglasses and you're welcome to wear clothing appropriate to the weather. We do recommend a wind-breaker jacket for any sunrise / doors-off flights and also when flying on our 12 Apostles tour as both experiences can be windy.
Can I bring any luggage?
Handbags, small backpacks or duffel bags weighing less than 10kg and less than 60cm in length can be carried. Its essential all baggage is soft and compact as it must fit in a small baggage compartment under your seat. We're not able to carry any rigid suitcases or airplane carry-on size rolling luggage.
Can I fly if I'm pregnant?
Yes, however we recommend flying prior to your third trimester.
Can I fly if I'm in a wheelchair?
Yes, our hangar is wheelchair-accessible and we warmly welcome passengers with special needs. Our team will gladly assist in lifting any passengers into the aircraft for their flight. We can also arrange to transport foldable wheelchairs when flying 4 or more passengers, as we use larger helicopters with cargo holds for these flights. If you'd like to arrange wheelchair rental for your flight, please contact Fisher Lane Mobility to confirm availability and request their delivery and pickup service to our hangar.
☔ BAD WEATHER & BOOKING CHANGE POLICY
☔ BAD WEATHER & BOOKING CHANGE POLICY
What happens if there's bad weather on the day of my flight?
- We really, really want you to enjoy your helicopter experience, so we only fly when the weather allows a safe and comfortable flight.
- Occasionally, bad weather on the day of your flight may require your flight to be delayed or rescheduled (i.e. low cloud, fog, heavy rain or high winds).
- We’ll contact you on the day if we need to reschedule your flight, and work with you to find a new date or time.
- We unfortunately cannot provide refunds on flights eligible to be rescheduled. However, your booking can be transferred to another person, or converted to a Gift Voucher to be used towards any flight with Rotor One.
Can I reschedule or cancel my booking?
- You can reschedule or cancel your flight up to 72 hours before your departure time.
- Please note there is a 10% cancellation fee for any booking cancelled at your request.
- We unfortunately cannot reschedule or cancel flights with less than 72 hours notice as we make commitments to ensure your Pilot and Helicopter are reserved exclusively for you on the day.
✅ FLIGHT SAFETY
✅ FLIGHT SAFETY
Pre-Flight Safety Briefings
- Each of our guests receive a pre-flight safety briefing from your Pilot on the planned flight path, what to expect during the flight and how to operate emergency exits.
Qualified & Experienced Flight Crews
- All our crew are qualified Commercially Licensed Pilots and Flights Instructors with detailed knowledge of Melbourne airspace and several hundred to several thousand hours of flight experience each.
Detailed Monitoring of Weather Data
- All flights are subject to favourable weather conditions on the day and your Pilot may delay or cancel your flight if they believe the weather may impact the safety margins or comfort of your flight.
Use of Position Broadcasting Technology (ADS-B)
- Our helicopters are equipped with the newest position broadcasting technology (ADS-B) which tracks our position in real-time and gives automated warnings of other aircraft flying nearby.
Routine Mandatory Maintenance Inspections
- Our helicopters are inspected every day prior to the first flight and receive a detailed inspection every 50 hours by licensed aircraft engineers (LAME) with critical components being replaced every 100 and 400 hours of flight time.
Flight Planning & Monitoring with Air & Rescue Services
- All flights to destinations outside Melbourne have detailed flight plans that are submitted to Airservices Australia and include deadlines for time that search action may be required (SARTIME) as a strict precautionary measure.
Looking for more helicopter flights in Melbourne?
What a wonderful day! I couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable experience to surprise my partner with.
Our pilot, Ed, was terrific. Very skilful and approachable, he took us on the perfect journey around Port Phillip Bay. We really got to a view of Melbourne's coast that can only be seen by air.
Lunch at Jack Rabbit Winery with matching wines was delicious, and I can't think of a better way to drop into a winery lunch than by helicopter.
Thanks Ed for a memorable day. We'll have to bring our little 4-year old on the next one, he'll love it!
Thanks to our pilot Ed for the wonderful friendly and professional service. An awesome way to spend a Sunday arvo helicoptering to Jack Rabbit Winery. Cheers
Such an extraordinary experience! Ed and the team at Rotor One are true professionals and well connected with some of Victoria's premier wineries. We had an amazing day and would love to fly again soon!
Took my girlfriend for a little birthday surprise! Service was exceptional, our pilot was super friendly and made sure we were comfortable the entire ride. We were taken to Jackrabbit Vineyard for lunch. Food and service there was also fantastic. Definitely will return!!!
Seriously a 10/10 experience from start to finish! Couldn’t recommend a helicopter winery more highly!
A truely magical experience to have a bird’s eye view of Melbourne’s beautiful bay coastline and cityscape.
Our pilot Ed was eloquent, gracious and informative as he flew us to Jack Rabbit winery.
A superb destination for lunch, the wine and menu won’t disappoint, with outstanding views across the bay.
Our pilot was particularly flexible and accommodating to our special requests which can only come from a unique business such as Rotor One.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.