A delightful winery adventure by helicopter from Melbourne to Balgownie Estate with scenic winery views over the Yarra Valley.
Your 4 hour Experience includes:
🚁 25 minute Private Flight (each way)
🍽️ 2 hours ground time for Lunch
🍷 Wine Tasting & Lunch priced separately
📍 Flights depart Essendon (25 mins from CBD)
🥇 Melbourne's #1 Rated Helicopter Company
Helicopter Wine Tour from Melbourne to Balgownie Estate in Yarra Valley
Overview - Indulge in the ultimate wine and dine experience with a scenic helicopter flight to Balgownie Estate in Yarra Valley
Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Yarra Valley from above on a helicopter winery tour to Balgownie Estate. Fly over the picturesque vineyards and enjoy the stunning scenery before landing at the award-winning Balgownie Estate winery for an exclusive wine and dine experience.
Balgownie Estate is a premier destination in Melbourne's Yarra Valley with an array of exciting products including award-winning accommodation at Balgownie Accomodation, spa services at endota, dining at Restaurant 1309 and wine tasting at the Cellar Door as a 5-star Halliday-rated Winery in Yarra Valley.
Established in 1969, Balgownie Estate was founded by local pharmacist and winemaker Stuart Anderson, who planted the first vines of Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. It's still the mainstay of the vineyard today and has made it a pioneer in commercial winemaking.
Itinerary - Balgownie Estate Helicopter Tour
- Depart by helicopter from Essendon Airport
- Fly past the Dandenong Ranges and over the Yarra Valley
- Private landing in front of Balgownie Estate
- Two hours to enjoy lunch at 1309 Restaurant and wine tasting at the Cellar Door
- Take photos with the helicopter at Balgownie Estate
- Return flights by helicopter to Essendon Airport
An exquisite helicopter tour from Melbourne to Balgownie Estate in the Yarra Valley
Your tour begins with a scenic helicopter ride from Essendon to the prestigious Balgownie Estate, nestled in the heart of the Yarra Valley. Savour the scenic views of Melbourne's most popular wine region and let the anticipation build as you approach your destination flying past the Dandenong Ranges by helicopter.
You'll arrive with a private landing in front of Balgownie Estate and step out of your helicopter into a 5-star world of wine at their acclaimed Cellar Door where winemaker, Tony Winspear, has been expertly crafting Balgownie's wines since 1994. Begin a wine tasting journey across their Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz, Sparkling varieties, and Black Label favourites.
Balgownie Estate is known for its wines and views, however Restaurant 1309 offers a culinary experience not to be missed. Executive Chef Aidan Gallagher offers a rich menu of local produce including highlights such as Confit ocean trout with Yarra Valley salmon, Crispy skinned ‘Murray’ cod with pickled zucchini and Rose & pistachio mousse with seasonal fruit pearls.
Indulge in a dining experience like no other, surrounded by picturesque vineyard views of the Yarra Valley. Whether it's a romantic lunch for two or a celebration with friends, Restaurant 1309 provides a relaxed and intimate atmosphere perfect for a relaxing afternoon celebrating a birthday or anniversary occasion.
Treat your partner to a once-in-a-lifetime winery experience with a helicopter ride to Balgownie Estate and experience the legacy of one of the most popular wineries in the Yarra Valley.
🍇 Looking for a different Yarra Valley experience?
Choose from some of the best restaurants in the Yarra Valley with our exclusive selection of Yarra Valley helicopter flights including:
- Levantine Hill in Coldstream for a premium wine tour
- Zonzo Estate in Yarra Glen for an Italian-inspired winery lunch
- Our legendary Beers, Burgers & Gin experience for the best Helicopter Pub Crawl in Melbourne or,
- a special birthday & anniversary winery experience for couples.
How much does a Balgownie Estate cost?
|Price per person||Fly Return (excluding Lunch)||Fly One-Way (excluding Lunch)|
Regular price $701.00
Sale price $701.00Unit price per
Regular price $630.50
Sale price $630.50Unit price per
Regular price $635.00
Sale price $635.00Unit price per
Regular price $588.00
Sale price $588.00Unit price per
❗ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT
❗ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT
Where are you located?
Rotor One is located at Essendon Airport which is 20 minutes from Melbourne CBD. Our address is Hangar 7 Wirraway Rd, Essendon Fields and we have off-street parking next to our building.
When should I arrive?
Please arrive 10 minutes before your booking begins for a relaxed experience.
Do you depart from other locations, like the City Helipad?
We depart from Essendon Airport as you have an amazing view of the Melbourne City skyline from the moment you step onto the tarmac. We do not offer flights from the City Helipad on the Yarra River.
What is the minimum age requirement for children?
Children aged 2 years and older can fly. Our pilots will give them special attention to ensure they have an amazing time. All children will have their own window seat and pay the same seat price (we don't offer discounts for children as we make sure they have even more fun than the adults 😁)
I'm just one person. Can I fly by myself?
All our scenic and winery flights are private and require a minimum of two people, except for our Learn To Fly A Helicopter experience. You can book two seats on a scenic or winery flight if you'd like the helicopter to yourself.
Can bad weather prevent us from flying?
Yes, adverse weather conditions such as low cloud, fog, heavy rain or high winds may require your flight to be delayed or rescheduled. If this is the case, your pilot will contact you at least 2 hours prior to your booking time to reschedule your flight to another day/time. We unfortunately cannot provide refunds on flights eligible to be rescheduled.
Google says there's will be bad weather on the day. Should I reschedule?
There's no need to contact us to reschedule based on a weather forecast as they're often inaccurate, especially in Melbourne! We use live weather data on the day of your flight to determine if flights can be conducted safely. We'll contact you at least 2 hours prior to your flight if bad weather could delay your flight.
Why do I need to provide my weight?
We use this to calculate the weight and balance of the helicopter prior to flight. If any guests are over 130kg or a group of 2 or 3 weighs more than 240kg, please contact us prior to booking.
Can I use my camera or phone during flight?
Yes, we encourage you to take as many photos and videos on the ground, and in the air, as possible.
What should I wear?
Please bring a pair of sunglasses and you're welcome to wear clothing appropriate to the weather. We do recommend a wind-breaker jacket for any sunrise / doors-off flights and also when flying on our 12 Apostles tour as both experiences can be windy.
Can I bring any luggage?
Handbags, small backpacks or duffel bags weighing less than 10kg and less than 60cm in length can be carried. Its essential all baggage is soft and compact as it must fit in a small baggage compartment under your seat. We're not able to carry any rigid suitcases or airplane carry-on size rolling luggage.
Can I fly if I'm pregnant?
Yes, however we recommend flying prior to your third trimester.
Can I fly if I'm in a wheelchair?
Yes, our hangar is wheelchair-accessible and we warmly welcome passengers with special needs. Our team will gladly assist in lifting any passengers into the aircraft for their flight. We can also arrange to transport foldable wheelchairs when flying 4 or more passengers, as we use larger helicopters with cargo holds for these flights. If you'd like to arrange wheelchair rental for your flight, please contact Fisher Lane Mobility to confirm availability and request their delivery and pickup service to our hangar.
☔ BAD WEATHER & BOOKING CHANGE POLICY
☔ BAD WEATHER & BOOKING CHANGE POLICY
What happens if there's bad weather on the day of my flight?
- We really, really want you to enjoy your helicopter experience, so we only fly when the weather allows a safe and comfortable flight.
- Occasionally, bad weather on the day of your flight may require your flight to be delayed or rescheduled (i.e. low cloud, fog, heavy rain or high winds).
- We’ll contact you on the day if we need to reschedule your flight, and work with you to find a new date or time.
- We unfortunately cannot provide refunds on flights eligible to be rescheduled. However, your booking can be transferred to another person, or converted to a Gift Voucher to be used towards any flight with Rotor One.
Can I reschedule or cancel my booking?
- You can reschedule or cancel your flight up to 72 hours before your departure time.
- Please note there is a 10% cancellation fee for any booking cancelled at your request.
- We unfortunately cannot reschedule or cancel flights with less than 72 hours notice as we make commitments to ensure your Pilot and Helicopter are reserved exclusively for you on the day.
✅ FLIGHT SAFETY
✅ FLIGHT SAFETY
Pre-Flight Safety Briefings
- Each of our guests receive a pre-flight safety briefing from your Pilot on the planned flight path, what to expect during the flight and how to operate emergency exits.
Qualified & Experienced Flight Crews
- All our crew are qualified Commercially Licensed Pilots and Flights Instructors with detailed knowledge of Melbourne airspace and several hundred to several thousand hours of flight experience each.
Detailed Monitoring of Weather Data
- All flights are subject to favourable weather conditions on the day and your Pilot may delay or cancel your flight if they believe the weather may impact the safety margins or comfort of your flight.
Use of Position Broadcasting Technology (ADS-B)
- Our helicopters are equipped with the newest position broadcasting technology (ADS-B) which tracks our position in real-time and gives automated warnings of other aircraft flying nearby.
Routine Mandatory Maintenance Inspections
- Our helicopters are inspected every day prior to the first flight and receive a detailed inspection every 50 hours by licensed aircraft engineers (LAME) with critical components being replaced every 100 and 400 hours of flight time.
Flight Planning & Monitoring with Air & Rescue Services
- All flights to destinations outside Melbourne have detailed flight plans that are submitted to Airservices Australia and include deadlines for time that search action may be required (SARTIME) as a strict precautionary measure.
Looking for more helicopter flights in Melbourne?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.