🕙 DURATION: 4 - 5 hours
🚁 FLIGHT TIME: 70 minutes return
🪂 FREEFALL: 60 seconds
👩🏻💼 PASSENGERS: 2- 3
🎟 INCLUDES: Helicopter Flights, 15,000ft Tandem Skydive, $100 Voucher for Video Packages
Overview - Tandem Skydiving on the Great Ocean Road with return Helicopter Flights from Melbourne
Skydiving the Great Ocean Road just got even more exciting with a helicopter ride from Melbourne direct to your skydive drop zone at Torquay Airport or Barwon Heads Airport.
Looking for helicopter flights for Skydiving the Yarra Valley? Click here.
If you’re planning a tandem skydive, the ultimate way to upgrade your skydive adventure is to skip the 1.5 hour commute and arrive by helicopter with a 35 minute scenic helicopter flight from Melbourne’s Essendon Airport and private landing at the Skydive Great Ocean Road drop zone in Barwon Heads.
The best location for skydiving outside Melbourne, skydiving the Great Ocean Road is a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience combining amazing views of Torquay, Bells Beach and the Great Ocean Road with the ultimate adrenaline rush of an accelerated free-fall for 60 heart-pounding seconds which are unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
Rated one of the best outdoor activities in Melbourne, your 15,000ft tandem skydive adventure begins with a skydiving safety briefing from your highly-qualified and experienced tandem instructor. After being securely strapped to your tandem instructor, you’ll enjoy a short flight up to flight altitude when the plane doors will open and the pilot will give your tandem instructor a “green light” for your tandem skydive.
Stepping outside the plane your adrenaline will kick in and, before you know it, you’ll be experiencing the extremely rare feeling of accelerated free-fall at 220km/h on your way back to earth. As your parachute deploys and you ease back to gentle flight, spectacular views of Torquay Beach, Bells Beach and the Great Ocean Road will come into view as you spend your final few minutes in the air floating back to your drop zone.
Your Skydiving Package and Helicopter Flights for the Great Ocean Road include:
Tandem Skydive Package
- Tandem Skydives over the Great Ocean Road at 15,000ft
- $100 Voucher for Video Packages including over 100 photos and a 4-5 minute video of your skydiving experience
- Three month membership to the Australian Parachute Federation.
- Personalised certificate of achievement.
Return Helicopter Flights
- Return flights in a private helicopter from Essendon Fields Airport direct to Barwon Heads Airport (35 minute flight time each way) with a private landing at the skydiving drop zone
- A luxury helicopter with leather seats and air-conditioning for your comfort
- As many photos as you can take both on the ground and during the flight
- An experienced and courteous pilot who loves making people smile
- A guaranteed window seat for uninterrupted views over Melbourne
- Noise-cancelling headsets to speak amongst yourselves and with your pilot
- A scenic flight path over Melbourne CBD and around the Port Phillip Bay coast over Avalon Airport and Geelong
Itinerary — Helicopter Ride from Melbourne to Barwon Heads Airport to Skydive the Great Ocean Road
Your helicopter ride to Barwon Heads Airport will take off from the Helipad at Essendon Airport and fly a scenic route over and around:
- Melbourne CBD
- Station Pier
- Avalon International Airport
- Geelong Marina
- Geelong Waterfront
- Lake Connewarre Reserve
Your flight will then make a private landing at Barwon Heads Airport for you to begin your Skydiving Great Ocean Road experience.
What to expect — Tandem Skydiving Package with return helicopter flights to Melbourne by Rotor One
Getting to your skydive on the Great Ocean Road has never been easier or more exciting than by helicopter. Your day begins at Essendon Airport, a short 15 minute commute from Melbourne's CBD, to board your private helicopter.
The perfect way to combine two amazing flying experiences in a single day, your helicopter will depart over Melbourne with spectacular views of the city, Port Phillip Bay, Avalon International Airport and the Geelong Waterfront.
Your helicopter will then descend for a private VIP landing directly at Barwon Heads Airport, the drop zone for Skydive Great Ocean Road. Take a short walk to the hangar to meet your tandem instructor and fellow tandem and solo skydivers and it's here that your skydiving safety briefing will begin.
After your skydive, grab your video package from the Skydive Australia team and hop back in the chopper for a beautiful scenic flight back to Melbourne — The ultimate ending to the ultimate day of amazing flying experiences that you’ll remember for the rest of your life.